EZT Neo 45
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6130

Gamer Tag : EZT Neo 45 Registration date : 2009-06-27

Favourite Car : 2016 PORSCHE Cayman GT4
Preferred Class : E through S

TEAM HISTORY - 2009 and BEYOND Empty
PostSubject: TEAM HISTORY - 2009 and BEYOND   TEAM HISTORY - 2009 and BEYOND EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm

The following was written by EZT EpicZ (Dave Zeederberg) at the end of EZT Motorsport's first year.

EZT Motorsport Yearly Review

In January 2009, I started a tuning team by the name of Epic Z Tuning. It was later changed to EpicZ Tuning. By early February, I had recruited two other drivers—TomCat7 and EZT FuZion (formerly Chronic Master). Tom’s enthusiasm and ability to help other drivers on the ovals was relentless. Tom and I met in the IFCA Stock Car Series. We were soon making a name for ourselves running yin-yang style cars—opposite colors and numbers (mine, 99, and Tom’s, 66). FuZion was the young gun of us three, having loads of energy and the drive to move the team forward. Our website and forum followed shortly afterward.

As the season progressed, I was looking to expand the team further. I wanted good, clean drivers who just wanted to improve and have fun doing it. I also wanted drivers who were in it for the long haul.

After much hounding and pestering for a month or more, I finally got two more drivers. Those two drivers really changed the way I viewed Forza and EZT. They inspired the ambition to take EZT to the next level. EZT CobraJet (formerly Chickenmeats) and osstriker21 were those two drivers. They motivated me to want to develop EZT into a reckoning force. Now more than ever, I was determined to build EZT to make sure we would be a team that lasts and be a team that other teams and drivers would respect and recognize.

The five of us were developing at a good rate. Our confidence was growing with each practice and race session. Other teams and drivers were starting to notice and liked the group for the way we raced. We were not the quickest. We were the friendliest, most helpful, and fiercely competitive—though, we knew when respect was needed.

Top IFCA officials were directing new members interested in joining a team to EZT because of our character and the time we took for other drivers—no matter the skill level. That combined with my recruiting skills, we obtained six more drivers. They are (in no particular order):

· HoW Jones (no longer with the team)
· Markpenny93
· Metalteeth9
· EZT Neo 45 (formerly Neo The One 45)
· Lotus
· Uncabunca

With two-thirds of the 2009 IFCA season drawing to a close, one driver was beginning to distinguish himself from the rest of the team having great races in the Stock Car series and, more noticeably, IFCA SpecRacing Series 6 (Rookies Champion, 10th overall). Osstriker21 was leading the way for EZT by scoring a good chunk of points, moving us up the IFCA Team Championships.

Shortly afterward, I achieved EZT’s first A Lobby win in the Stock Car Series having led from the pole. Osstriker21 repeated as A Lobby winner four races later.

More drivers were hearing about EZT and joining up. Queue IRNicholas, EZT SHRacing, EZT Rob, EZT Westy (formerly xxWestyxx), Fists of Fury01, and Troykh1973.

What happened next was to stun, shock, and shake EZT to its core. EZT FuZion—a driver, tuner, and director of EZT—was found guilty of trying to cause damage to other competitors by parking his Subaru on the apex of Turn One at Road Atlanta during an IFCA JGTC Series race. Due to EZT’s high standards—in races, practices, or any other lobby for that matter—I had no choice but to fire and ban FuZion from EZT for life. For me, it was a day of great sadness; but, no regret. With SpecRacing Series, Endurance Series, and JGTC Series teams left in tatters, we had no option but to get on with it a driver short. The Team was at stake and on the ropes (due to his actions) before we banned him. The good news? The only way from here was up!

And up was where we went! New and old(er – lol!) drivers developing well together. The season marched on. EZT drivers in every series represented themselves and EZT with character and integrity.

TomCat7 and Osstriker21 made the Chase in the 2009 IFCA Stock Car Series. Massive congratulations were in order for all the hard work of those two drivers. Both had been awarded with Limited Edition cars specifically for the Chase.

The end of the 2009 Season saw EZT Motorsport finishing a very respectable 4th place in the IFCA Team standings. Individual drivers finished as follows:

Pos.No.Driver
15#99EZT EpicZ
17#66EZT TomCat7
19#92uncabunca
22#503Osstriker21
30#245EZT Neo 45
39#920BIG DADDY KEN
44#351EZT CobraJet
70#953x0LoTuSx0x
73#947EZT SHRacing
82#210EZT Ash
85#363TheRaiman
91#179markpenny93
150#514Metalteeth9
174#649Fists Of Fury01
189#319IRNicholas
195#88EZT ROB
Driver of the year in our first year went to EZT EpicZ--taking home the 2100 MS points as the reward for his hard work and efforts with EZT Motorsport.

Last edited by EZT Neo 45 on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com/forum
EZT Neo 45
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6130

Gamer Tag : EZT Neo 45 Registration date : 2009-06-27

Favourite Car : 2016 PORSCHE Cayman GT4
Preferred Class : E through S

TEAM HISTORY - 2009 and BEYOND Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM HISTORY - 2009 and BEYOND   TEAM HISTORY - 2009 and BEYOND EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

Team History -- It might be a little long, but it is our history. Wink

Season 1 – 2009
Epic Z Tuning & Motorsport, also known as EZT Motorsport, began in early January 2009.  Over the next seven or eight months, EZT grew to 18 members from both sides of the Atlantic.  In 2009, Team EZT finished fourth for the IFCA Team Championship.  On the individual side in 2009, three drivers made the Top 20 and five drivers made the Top 30!  They were:

15th – EZT EpicZ
17th – EZT TomCat7
19th – EZT uncabunca
22nd – Osstriker21
30th – EZT Neo 45

Season 2 – 2010
In 2010, the team added another 10 to 12 drivers to the team.  Among them was EZT’s first female member, RacyStacey.  Stacey was the 2009 SCCA Champion in her class driving a Ford Probe.  Of the nearly 30-driver strong team, 27 drivers competed in up to 12 different series over the 2010 season.  In the end, Team EZT placed two drivers—Adman & Jezzy, third; EZT SHRacing, 10th—in the Top 10, five drivers in the Top 15, and eight drivers in the Top 30.  Those eight drivers were:

3rd – #789 Adman & Jezzy (12 series)
10th – #28 EZT SHRacing (12 series)
11th – #66 EZT TomCat7 (8 series)
12th – #210 EZT Ash (7 series)
13th – #81 EZT Neo 45 (9 series)
23rd – #260 EZT DJ (7 series)
27th – #920 BIG DADDY KEN (7 series)
28th – #158 EZT Rusty (6 series)

First of two significant Team EZT achievements in 2010 was the organization and introduction to the IFCA of the well known, quite successful StockHatch series (originally developed and organized by EZT EpicZ).  The Stock Hatch series has become one of the most anticipated, successful, and competitive series at Virtual Motorsports.

The second, and perhaps the greatest, achievement of the season for the team was being crowned

2010 IFCA TEAM CHAMPIONS!!

With other great teams such as Green Leaf Racing (GLR) and Veni Vidi Vici (VVV), this was no small accomplishment.  Only the Top 10 drivers from each team comprised the stats by which the Team Championship was measured.  In addition to the eight drivers listed above, the following two drivers also contributed to earn the Team Championship:

37th – #92 EZT uncabunca (5 series)
54th – #99 EZT EpicZ (7 series)

What a fitting way to complete the season!

Season 3 – 2011
Looking to build on the achievements of the last two years, and especially that of 2010, Team EZT saw the addition of the OMG boys to the team (save for one).  Over the season, a number of drivers joined the team as well as a number who left the team for one reason or another.  Of those who joined the team and seemed to cement himself in everyone’s heart was a young man, 15 years old from Mexico, TNZ Ramoza.  Ramoza had a gift of creating masterpieces on any car.  He was the team’s Rembrandt!

Unfortunately for the team, there was to be no defense of the team title in 2011.  Unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances—out of the team’s control—found the team searching for a new league to call home.  And with the team responsible for organizing the StochHatch series, they were eager to find somewhere to race.  The series was eventually held at The Online Racing Association (TORA) as well as Forza Motorsport Challenge (FMC).  Finally, in late July 2011, Team EZT found its new home—Virtual Motorsports!  In the end, the 2011 season was one of transition.

Season 4 – 2012
Shortly after the 2012 season began, Team EZT was rocked by the most shocking news to come its way.  Many drivers have come and gone over the last three years.  However, the passing of TNZ Ramoza, known as Luis Ramos to his real life family and friends, just after the first of the year—30 days before his 16th birthday—was devastating.  Many team members considered him a brother or even a son.  Whether it’s a teammate or a competitor, Ramoza will be forever etched in their memory.

To begin the 2012 season, Team EZT was offered the opportunity to organize the SPECRacing series at Virtual Motorsports.  When all the work was done and the dust settled and the car chosen, the EZT-presented Virtual Motorsport SPECRacing Series 1 was the first official race to open the inaugural Virtual Motorsport season.

The season is not yet complete.  So, only time will tell what further achievements and/or accolades lay ahead for Team EZT.
Back to top Go down
https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com/forum

TEAM HISTORY - 2009 and BEYOND
Page 1 of 1