EZT MOTORSPORT
Welcome back! Please log in!

RegisterEZT MOTORSPORTHomeSearchLog in

DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EZT Neo 45
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6130

Gamer Tag : EZT Neo 45 Registration date : 2009-06-27

Favourite Car : 2016 PORSCHE Cayman GT4
Preferred Class : E through S

DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? Empty
PostSubject: DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?   DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 10:20 am

I was running late to work at the hospital. I noted how beautiful the sky, the day appeared. Arrived at my desk and began hearing about a plane that had crashed into the Twin Towers. From what I heard, I understood it to be a twin-engine..., Cessna-type. I had no idea it was a large passenger plane. Wanting to know more, I found the television that was in the Outpatient Registration area and become mesmerized by the scene on the screen. By this point, both towers were in flames. I was becoming scared. When the towers began to collapse, I so wanted my wife or a close friend...someone at that point...to hug, to hold, to help make sense of things. I could hardly believe my eyes. I don't recall if I watched both towers fall, but I do remember calling Sandra, telling her to get the boys from school. I wanted them to be home with their mom…where it would be safe. I remember calling my dad, asking him if he’s seen the television. I don’t remember his reaction to what he was viewing.

That day was to be the first day of a users conference four of my workmates were to attend. They were flying to Miami. Their flight was in the air as this tragedy, this heinous attack took place. One of those folks was a young woman who hated to fly. My thoughts went to them and then to her. I was hoping for their safety. Later in the day at work, we learned their flight landed somewhere in North Carolina. That was good news!

With the FAA grounding all aircraft as soon as possible in an attempt to sort out any other possible hijacked planes, the days that followed were strange not hearing the occasional jet pass overhead or hear it apply its reverse thrust as it was landing at Hopkins International.

I will never, ever forget that day…the day our world and nation was changed forever. I hope to get to the memorials in Pennsylvania and New York so I can pay my respects to not only the victims, but the heroes as well.
Back to top Go down
https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com/forum
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Number of posts : 2678

Gamer Tag : XessIV36 Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?   DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 11:23 am

I was attending sophomore geometry class, the teacher always had the TV news on in the background. Moments after it happened she turned the volume up and we started really paying all our attention to the horrific event then stupid geometry.

I watched the second plane hit the north tower and got this huge chill down my entire body. Did that really happen? It most certainly did. This day ultimately set my future up. The day I decided I wanted to serve my country. I would be married to my wife because of this day.

Every year that passes we can never forget , after all we are who we are today because of that day in our history.
Back to top Go down
EZT Stephane19
250 - 499 posts
250 - 499 posts
EZT Stephane19

Number of posts : 410

Gamer Tag : stephane19 Registration date : 2011-01-06

Favourite Car : Porsche 911 gt3rs
Preferred Class : c-b

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?   DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 2:17 pm

was at work and couldn't believe what i was hearing on the radio.. speechless!!!!!
to much stuff comes to my head Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bobwithajob
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts

Number of posts : 2077

Gamer Tag : bobwithajob Registration date : 2010-02-25

Favourite Car : Porsche 944S
Preferred Class : A

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?   DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

I was sitting in 8th grade English going over a spelling test I think
When another teacher barged in and told us to put on the TV
Back to top Go down
EZT AXE
250 - 499 posts
250 - 499 posts
EZT AXE

Number of posts : 448

Gamer Tag : EZT AXE Registration date : 2011-04-20

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?   DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

Sad I was at work at Goodyear, someone came out of the office and told us that a passenger airliner had just hit the WTC. I remember thinking that with all the technology on that plane it must have been a catastrophic failure at the exact wrong time for that to happen. As I was standing in the waiting room watching the coverage the 2nd plane banked in and plowed the other tower and I told everyone in the room "that was not an accident, that was an act of terrorism." At that point I knew this was war, I didn't know who the enemy was but I knew someone was going pay and pay dearly.

DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? 2219972489 Thank you to all the men and women who have done an outstanding job making sure the rest of us are safe and sound so that we can live our lives with a reasonable sense of normality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?   DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO? Empty

Back to top Go down

DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE 11 YEARS AGO?
Page 1 of 1