1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

Number of posts : 1490

Gamer Tag : EZT MAKO 6669 Registration date : 2012-10-04

Favourite Car : Porsche 911
Preferred Class : ANY

EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018, 12:49 pm

Damage to what and do you know why?
Back to top Go down
GTDon2
5 - 24 posts
5 - 24 posts

Number of posts : 24

Gamer Tag : GTDon2 Registration date : 2018-09-04

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018, 1:07 pm

EZT TomCat7 wrote:
I ran 4 laps in Rivals yesterday and had 38% damage. I will try again today to see what happens.

If I keep getting damage that slows down my car, I propose that we switch to "Tire/Fuel" damage and not use "Sim Damage"

I would support this as well.  Some cars are more vulnerable to imprecise shifts that cause damage for little reason.  And certain wheels tend to be more ham-fisted than others too.  Put a weak car with a less than perfect shifting wheel together, and your car is trash in no time.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018, 2:01 pm

I'm a fan of sim damage actually as I think it keeps everyone a bit more honest. You can't abuse the car and hits have more of a detrimental effect, not that anyone is racing that way in this series.
Back to top Go down
GTDon2
5 - 24 posts
5 - 24 posts

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018, 3:08 pm

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:
I'm a fan of sim damage actually as I think it keeps everyone a bit more honest. You can't abuse the car and hits have more of a detrimental effect, not that anyone is racing that way in this series.

That has been the general thought on it. I have also been a fan of damage, but not when it does this to people who are not abusing anything and just trying to shift gears. 

Here you have 2 drivers of different skill levels having the same problem.  Their one commonality is that they both use a wheel.  Forza is more of a hand controller sim than say Project Cars for example and apparently most Forza hand controller drivers don't have this problem.  In past versions of the game this didn't seem to be a problem and was more forgiving, but FM7 seems to have it out for the wheel user with many of the cars in full damage mode.  So, until they fix this over sensitivity and make it like it used to be, I can't race it that way.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Rider
100 - 249 posts
100 - 249 posts
Midnite Rider

Number of posts : 117

Gamer Tag : Midnite Rider Registration date : 2011-01-09

Preferred Class : R Class Junky

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018, 5:36 pm

Well, if you use manual with no clutch you solve your problem. I know you say it makes a huge difference but it really doesn't to me, it is more the car setup that makes a difference to me. I never use clutch because my arthritis does not allow me to do the 2 buttons with one finger as most controller users do who use the clutch. You've seen me drive Don, I know you can't say my major slow down is not using the clutch, my problem is consistency. Sounds like Turn 10 is trying to level the playing field between wheel and controller users.
Back to top Go down
GTDon2
5 - 24 posts
5 - 24 posts

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018, 6:06 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:
Well, if you use manual with no clutch you solve your problem. I know you say it makes a huge difference but it really doesn't to me, it is more the car setup that makes a difference to me. I never use clutch because my arthritis does not allow me to do the 2 buttons with one finger as most controller users do who use the clutch. You've seen me drive Don, I know you can't say my major slow down is not using the clutch, my problem is consistency. Sounds like Turn 10 is trying to level the playing field between wheel and controller users.

Well, if there are 2 GTDon's competing let's say, and 1 has a hand controller which is already superior to the wheel user, and the other uses a wheel, then the wheel user GTDon is at a slight disadvantage.  Now force the wheel user GTDon to use manual which loses him nearly 1 second per lap, and presto, he is no longer competitive against a driver with identical skill.  And that's why it sucks.

Had the car been built to run with or without a clutch it wouldn't be a problem because everyone could run manual without loss of time.  I'm not sure if this car has this ability, some cars don't, I'd have to check.  But usually cars with a race tranny, race flywheel, and race clutch, can avoid using the clutch without a loss in speed.
Back to top Go down
Ax4x Nelly
25 - 49 posts
25 - 49 posts
Ax4x Nelly

Number of posts : 25

Gamer Tag : Ax4x Nelly Registration date : 2012-09-09

Favourite Car : Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
Preferred Class : B-Class

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Sep 2018, 11:53 am

I won't be able to make it tonight guys, I've got an early start in the morning Sad

Hope you all have a good race  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
EZT Neo 45
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6130

Gamer Tag : EZT Neo 45 Registration date : 2009-06-27

Favourite Car : 2016 PORSCHE Cayman GT4
Preferred Class : E through S

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Sep 2018, 5:35 pm

Nelly D Racer wrote:
I won't be able to make it tonight guys, I've got an early start in the morning Sad

Hope you all have a good race  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
You will be missed, Nelly!
Back to top Go down
https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com/forum
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018, 4:55 pm

So I mentioned the other night, this Sunday is my daughter's wedding. As a of right now I'm not planning on being able to race obviously. Just wanted to say that this has been an excellent series and despite my disappointing performance overall I've had a ton of fun!! There is a chance I may be home in time to join in the fun, but I can't commit to it. If I don't make it, you all have a good time!
Back to top Go down
Midnite Rider
100 - 249 posts
100 - 249 posts
Midnite Rider

Number of posts : 117

Gamer Tag : Midnite Rider Registration date : 2011-01-09

Preferred Class : R Class Junky

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018, 5:33 pm

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:
So I mentioned the other night, this Sunday is my daughter's wedding. As a of right now I'm not planning on being able to race obviously. Just wanted to say that this has been an excellent series and despite my disappointing performance overall I've had a ton of fun!! There is a chance I may be home in time to join in the fun, but I can't commit to it. If I don't make it, you all have a good time!
Congrats to your daughter on her upcoming wedding, may hers last at least as long as mine has (37 years). Enjoy it Mako.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018, 9:04 am

Thank you Midnite!
Back to top Go down
EZT TomCat7
1500 - 1999 posts
1500 - 1999 posts
EZT TomCat7

Number of posts : 1578

Gamer Tag : EZT TomCat7 Registration date : 2009-02-19

Favourite Car : 1965 Pontiac GTO
Preferred Class : All

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018, 10:52 am

I am running in the 2:33's clean.
Hope I'm not too far behind in the race.
Back to top Go down
http://shop.enivausa.com/tomphillips/en-us/
EZT Neo 45
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6130

Gamer Tag : EZT Neo 45 Registration date : 2009-06-27

Favourite Car : 2016 PORSCHE Cayman GT4
Preferred Class : E through S

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018, 2:29 pm

Tom: Have not run any laps yet, so I don't know how fast or, more likely, slow I am.

MAKO: You will be missed but I know you will have a great time!

Midnite: My wife and I will be married 31 years in December.
Back to top Go down
https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com/forum
Ax4x Nelly
25 - 49 posts
25 - 49 posts
Ax4x Nelly

Number of posts : 25

Gamer Tag : Ax4x Nelly Registration date : 2012-09-09

Favourite Car : Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
Preferred Class : B-Class

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018, 7:05 pm

Just thought I’d share this here, this is the headset I’ve been using for the last couple of years now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Sony-Playstation-Earbud-PACKAGING/dp/B01DCYWI96
Back to top Go down
EZT TomCat7
1500 - 1999 posts
1500 - 1999 posts
EZT TomCat7

Number of posts : 1578

Gamer Tag : EZT TomCat7 Registration date : 2009-02-19

Favourite Car : 1965 Pontiac GTO
Preferred Class : All

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018, 10:22 am

I guess I did ok in the race. I got 6th out of 7.
My best clean lap was 2:32.xxx and only 2 cars lapped me.

I ran a 2:28 on the "Day" version of Silverstone.
 Driven
Back to top Go down
http://shop.enivausa.com/tomphillips/en-us/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat   EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EZT MINI John Cooper Works Cup - General Chat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EZT MOTORSPORT :: EVENTS :: EZT Motorsport Sunday Night Series :: EZT Motorsport MINI John Cooper Works Cup-
Jump to: