AuthorMessage
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Number of posts : 2678

Gamer Tag : XessIV36 Registration date : 2010-11-10

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 9:57 am

Is anyone looking into getting the PS4? I think my mind has been made up to jump ship on September 17th with the release of the Grand Theft Auto V Playstation 3 Bundle. 

http://m.us.playstation.com/ps3/systems/gta-v-bundle.html

I will be pre ordering the bundle this Friday then the PS4 in two weeks hopefully. Gran Turismo 6 is looking phenomenal for the PS3. Also the Playstation Network has Final Fantasy VII and that's my all time favorite video game. 

So sorry to say that FM4 will most likely be my last in participation on the 360.

http://us.playstation.com/ps4/features/techspecs/
Back to top Go down
EZT Neo 45
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 6130

Gamer Tag : EZT Neo 45 Registration date : 2009-06-27

Favourite Car : 2016 PORSCHE Cayman GT4
Preferred Class : E through S

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 12:18 pm

No plans to buy either one--Xbox One or PS4--at this time.  Needing to save money for a planned missionary trip to Haiti next summer. Smile So, probably won't be until next year Fall unless I win one some how. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://eztmotorsport.forumotion.com/forum
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 12:29 pm

The whole DRM issue has me in limbo. Not being able to use gamefly to play the games I want is a negative with the One. Having to buy every game in order to play is not a popular choice for me. With gamefly I can pay 15 a month which cones out to 3 bought games and play as many as I want. But within the last year or so to play online with rented games an online pass needed to be purchased separately. So I just rented mainly single player titles and buy the absolute games I wanted to play online.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

Number of posts : 1490

Gamer Tag : EZT MAKO 6669 Registration date : 2012-10-04

Favourite Car : Porsche 911
Preferred Class : ANY

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

Sony will be utilizing DRM as well, despite their statements to the contrary. MS is currently working with Gamefly to make rentals possible. Sony is also reportedly moving to a pay service for their online as well, yet I highly doubt it will be anywhere near as good as Xbox live.

I will most likely stay with the box. Sony has shown me nothing that makes me think the PS4 will be anywhere near as good as the Xbox one. To be honest, I thought most of the new games they previewed at E3 looked pretty crappy for a next gen system. It just my opinion, but I think Xbox One will blow the PS4 away.
Back to top Go down
EZT DJ
750 - 999 posts
750 - 999 posts
EZT DJ

Number of posts : 875

Gamer Tag : EZT DJ Registration date : 2010-02-27

Favourite Car : 2008 Porsche 911 GT2
Preferred Class : A

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 12:52 pm

This is a very good topic, I was wounding what is going to happen to EZT when the new xbox and forza 5 come out ????????????????????????
By the Neo, glad to hear about you planned trip, we need more people like you in this world :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.eztmotorsport.net
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm

I know DRM will be used one way or another on the PS4 but correct me if I'm wrong it won't have to always be online in order to even play most games as the One requires an always on connection?
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Number of posts : 1042

Gamer Tag : EZT Strumlord Registration date : 2011-10-01

Favourite Car : Seat Leon Supercup

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 2:03 pm

I echo mako's statement on DRM. If you read from credible sources, Sony is taking the same route that Microsoft is with DRM. Both companies are leaving it up to 3rd party devs. to decide how they will sell used games. Sony just made their statement sound more appealing. So far, the only differences I see between the two systems is the 100 price diff and that Microsoft required a once a day connection. If you listen to all the bloggers/haters, all Microsoft employees would be burned at the cross. I've never seen anything like it. I have 360's and a ps3. I have reserved the Xbox one and can't wait. If good exclusive titles come out for ps4, then I will most likely buy it as well. I have friends on both sides if the fence and enjoy gaming with all of them. My biggest concern is a wheel that will power me on FM5. I don't expect my current set up to be compatible with xb1 but will buy whatever is when it comes out. I just hope it works good.
Back to top Go down
EZT AXE
250 - 499 posts
250 - 499 posts
EZT AXE

Number of posts : 448

Gamer Tag : EZT AXE Registration date : 2011-04-20

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 3:02 pm

It will be interesting to see how VM adapts to the release of the new Xbox. Will they run series for both FM4 and FM5? How many people at VM do you think will be financially able to purchase the new console and game?  It has been fun racing with the team but it sure looks like the end is near for me I know I will not be moving on to the next level for years to come.
Back to top Go down
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 3:46 pm

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Gaming/DRM-compared-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One_15113.html

This explains things pretty well. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 5:35 pm

EZT XessIVLife wrote:
I know DRM will be used one way or another on the PS4 but correct me if I'm wrong it won't have to always be online in order to even play most games as the One requires an always on connection?

XB1 does not require an always on connection. Only once every 24 hours. You can connect, get your updates, log back off and you'd be good to go. For would be buyers that do not have internet access, this is a deal breaker and I can understand why they would not buy the XB1. Keep in mind that you really don't even have to log on every 24 hours either. It's not like if you don't connect for a week because you're on vacation, come back home, log on and find that your box will no longer work because you didn't connect after 24 hours expired. Again, you would simply connect, get your required update or whatever and you would be good to go. I have internet and I always log on anyway whenever I turn on my xbox so this will not be a problem whatsoever for me. Frankly, for anyone that has internet access, I can't phathom why it would be a problem for them either. As far as DRM goes, again for me... not a problem. I do not lend or borrow games and I have rarely purchased used ones because for any title that is worth buying, used game retailers have always gouged us in the past for them so I just buy it new or wait for the price to drop. Microsoft and Sony has already stated that they will not charge fees for used games and will not impede the sale or purchase of them. But they only control 1st party games. 3rd party devs will though. They feel that they have been getting raped for years just the same as us when we buy from gamestop or whoever.

Last edited by EZT Strumlord on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 5:43 pm

EZT XessIVLife wrote:
http://www.thinkdigit.com/Gaming/DRM-compared-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One_15113.html

This explains things pretty well. Thoughts?

It does indeed, from the author's point of view. While there are facts throughout the article, there is also much conjecture. Just because the this author says so does not make it so.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 6:10 pm

I will say that I understand your gripe about rental thing though Xsess. But won't that be pretty much universal (Meaning across any platform) if you can't rent them? It would seem like that would be left up to the 3rd party devs again. Although I don't really care about DRM on used games or rentals because I don't buy them, I will also throw this out there.... When I really think about it, I have to agree with the author's point of view on one point from your previous post. If I buy a car or an Ice box or even an xbox right now, I am free to sell it to whoever I see fit and, General Motors, Kenmor, Or Microsoft does not get a cut or have a say in my transaction. So if 3rd party Devs will be able to do this, what's to stop above said manufacturers from following suit? Why should 3rd party devs be able to be compensated for a used games that have already been purchased when no one else can? The reason I don't by used games is because it's scandalous how used game retailers do business. I guess it's pretty much the same when you buy a used car but only you know what you paid for the game yet they give you pennies compared to what you paid for it and then sell it for 10 cheaper than the price of a new game.
Back to top Go down
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 7:11 pm

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

This makes everything better!
Back to top Go down
EZT uncabunca
Administrator
Administrator
EZT uncabunca

Number of posts : 2804

Gamer Tag : EZT uncabunca Registration date : 2009-06-23

Favourite Car : Nissan Skyline GT-R35

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 7:24 pm

As much as I would like to get FM5, it's difficult to justify spending $500 on a new console just to play one game. It makes more sense to wait a year by which time there will be more games available and the prices of the launch games will have come down somewhat.

I bought a PS3 just to play GT5 only to be disappointed when GT5 finally came out. Fortunately, the PS3 is also a Blu-Ray player so I have been using it for that. I rarely play games on it. I won't be getting the PS4 but will probably get GT6 when the price comes down.

It was good to see that MS will still be supporting the 360. There will be free games this summer (can't wait to get World of Tanks!) and new games for the 360 in the fall. Looking forward to playing Project CARS on the 360 when that comes out.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

EZT XessIVLife wrote:

Welcome home X!!!! You woulda bought the Xbox anyway you dirty gamer whore!! Lol!!
Back to top Go down

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm

It comes down to fanatec wheel support for me . If they both have it I'll go with xbox . If neither have it, I'll be iracing.
Back to top Go down
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 10:24 pm

EZT Strumlord wrote:
EZT XessIVLife wrote:

Welcome home X!!!! You woulda bought the Xbox anyway you dirty gamer whore!! Lol!!

LOL I would have really bought a PS4 but now that MS has got their stuff straight you are correct Strummy.
Back to top Go down
EZT TomCat7
1500 - 1999 posts
1500 - 1999 posts
EZT TomCat7

Number of posts : 1578

Gamer Tag : EZT TomCat7 Registration date : 2009-02-19

Favourite Car : 1965 Pontiac GTO
Preferred Class : All

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyThu 27 Jun 2013, 10:03 am

I'll be holding off the Xbox 1 also.
iracing may be the way to go for my sim racing.

I already have a computer with a 24" monitor and could buy a used G25 or 27. wheel.

that would be a lot cheaper.

Since the XBOX 360 will be around for awhile, I'll probably be playing Forza 4 for another year.
I haven't even finished Forza 3 yet.Driven
Back to top Go down
http://shop.enivausa.com/tomphillips/en-us/
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyThu 27 Jun 2013, 10:47 am

I'm getting the One and FM5 at launch. Hoping to represent the team and see a few others for the next generation of ezt.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyThu 27 Jun 2013, 11:13 am

Having lucked out on getting my Fanatec rig for so cheap, I've already preordered an xb1/fm5 bundle. If the Fanatec is not xb1 compatible, I'll get whatever is as long as it's a good wheel. But I am hoping my current rig will work simply because 2 cockpit setups would be a pain.
Back to top Go down
EZT AXE
250 - 499 posts
250 - 499 posts
EZT AXE

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013, 1:38 pm

Speaking from experience, once you turn on the next gen console returning to the old stuff is rare. Any game that can make you go back is truly special.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 3:48 pm

Boy, you've got that right Axe. I never looked back once I turned the 360 on. That being said, there will be a transition period for me with the XB1. I won't play FM5 until I get a new wheel but I'd play other games.
Back to top Go down

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 8:12 pm

EZT Strumlord wrote:
Having lucked out on getting my Fanatec rig for so cheap, I've already preordered an xb1/fm5 bundle. If the Fanatec is not xb1 compatible, I'll get whatever is as long as it's a good wheel. But I am hoping my current rig will work simply because 2 cockpit setups would be a pain.

I can't justify it. If XBOX 1 doesn't support Fanatec wheels I consider that a big kick in the balls to Forza/Fanatec fans.
I can afford to buy another set up but I refuse to do so. Having said this I do believe Fanatec wheels will be supported. There are quite a lot of wheels out there now and to turn there back on the people that use them would be a bad idea for M$.... And M$ would never try to screw there customers. Right ?No No No Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm

EZT Puckhead wrote:
EZT Strumlord wrote:

I can't justify it. If XBOX 1 doesn't support Fanatec wheels I consider that a big kick in the balls to Forza/Fanatec fans.
I can afford to buy another set up but I refuse to do so. Having said this I do believe Fanatec wheels will be supported. There are quite a lot of wheels out there now and to turn there back on the people that use them would be a bad idea for M$.... And M$ would never try to screw there customers. Right ?No No No Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head
Unfortunately, the forza community is but a pimple on a flee's ass as far as Xbox owners go. If the fanatec wheels are to work with xb1, I think it will be on fanatec's end to make it happen. M$ has already told us that the xb1 will not be compatible with 360 perifs. Sux. I know where ur coming from puck.
Back to top Go down

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 10:08 pm

I agree with you for the most part Strum. We wheel owners are a pimple (10 to 20% of the Forza community use a wheel at best I figure). But Forza overall is pretty big for MS. It's at worst there 3rd biggest game (1st party) behind Halo(for sure) and Gears Of War. MS doesn't have nearly as many great 1st party games as Sony IMHO. So I'm hoping against hope they keep Forza going as strong as possible and support older wheels.
 Honestly, the only reason I care is because of the friends I've made in the Forza community over the years. I'd hate to have to turn to a different platform (PC-PS4)and see that end. It would be a very sad day for me for sure.
Back to top Go down
EZT AXE
250 - 499 posts
250 - 499 posts
EZT AXE

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 1:04 pm

EZT Puckhead wrote:

Honestly, the only reason I care is because of the friends I've made in the Forza community over the years. I'd hate to have to turn to a different platform (PC-PS4)and see that end. It would be a very sad day for me for sure.

That is just how it is sometimes Puck, I have had 4 different groups of friends over the years due to people moving on to different platforms or just getting frustrated with turn 10 over the cheating penalties in the last 2 games and vowing never to play Forza again. This time it looks like I will lose touch with people at the switch to FM5 just like the few that moved over to Horizon and just never really came back, moving on is a natural progression.
Back to top Go down
XessIV36
2000 - 4999 posts
2000 - 4999 posts
XessIV36

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 1:41 pm

Maybe down the line I'll get a ps4 and have both next generation consoles but will be switching to xbox one with fm5 and hope to see as many of us there.
Back to top Go down

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 12:15 am

EZT AXE wrote:
EZT Puckhead wrote:

That is just how it is sometimes Puck, I have had 4 different groups of friends over the years due to people moving on to different platforms or just getting frustrated with turn 10 over the cheating penalties in the last 2 games and vowing never to play Forza again. This time it looks like I will lose touch with people at the switch to FM5 just like the few that moved over to Horizon and just never really came back, moving on is a natural progression.

True, I've seen it myself . I made a ton of friends playing FM2. Made some more playing FM3 but lost interest in it after a while (worst of the series IMO). Moved on to GT5 and joined a league. For all it's shortcomings GT5 had some strong points (If you were lucky enough to be racing in a good league that is). FM4 came out (best of the series IMO) and I came back and ended up here (making some more friends, although I knew most of you already). The more I see and hear the less likely I'll be getting the XBOX 1. But I think there's quite a bit more good racing to be had on the 360.
 I'm normally an early adapter of new consoles but not this time.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

Number of posts : 1490

Gamer Tag : EZT MAKO 6669 Registration date : 2012-10-04

Favourite Car : Porsche 911
Preferred Class : ANY

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 11:06 am

I will most likely get the new Xbox and Forza5, though probably not at launch. As I see more of what the new system can do, I'm really liking alot of it. I also like the looks of the new game Ryse, and a couple others. I'm keeping my 360, so will still be on that for a while as well.

Personally, I've seen nothing from Sony that impresses me about the PS4. Most of the new games I've seen demo'd for it don't look any better than what we have now imo. I have no interest at all in switching over. GT6 will be on the PS3, which I don't have and am not getting either.
Back to top Go down
EZT AXE
250 - 499 posts
250 - 499 posts
EZT AXE

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 2:39 pm

EZT Puckhead wrote:
EZT AXE wrote:
EZT Puckhead wrote:

True, I've seen it myself . I made a ton of friends playing FM2. Made some more playing FM3 but lost interest in it after a while (worst of the series IMO). Moved on to GT5 and joined a league. For all it's shortcomings GT5 had some strong points (If you were lucky enough to be racing in a good league that is). FM4 came out (best of the series IMO) and I came back and ended up here (making some more friends, although I knew most of you already). The more I see and hear the less likely I'll be getting the XBOX 1. But I think there's quite a bit more good racing to be had on the 360.
 I'm normally an early adapter of new consoles but not this time.
I am the opposite Puck, I look at it in the same way I look at buying a new car, the first year they have some problems but they fix them, the second year they have less problems but they are better and by the third try they get it close. With consoles they usually have multiple runs per year so it can take less than three years to fix the launch gremlins you just have to keep an eye on the web sites that report on hardware updates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playstation 4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4 Talk   Playstation 4 Talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4 Talk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EZT MOTORSPORT :: WELCOME TO EZT MOTORSPORT :: General Chat-
Jump to: