EZT uncabunca
Administrator
Administrator
EZT uncabunca

Number of posts : 2804

Gamer Tag : EZT uncabunca Registration date : 2009-06-23

Favourite Car : Nissan Skyline GT-R35

Racing Wheel Support for XB1 Empty
PostSubject: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2013, 11:31 am

The definitive answer from Microsoft:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/16/forza-motorsport-5-racing-accessories-for-xbox-one

Bottom Line - Xbox 360 wheels are NOT supported on the XB1.  There are two new wheels for the new console, one from Thrustmaster and one from MadKatz.
Back to top Go down
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

Number of posts : 567

Gamer Tag : EZT Coot Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2013, 12:24 pm

yeah, this is really disappointing. The so called 'good news' for me is that I got the cheapo package from Fanatec - CRS wheel with the standard pedals - so my limited investment has served me well. I may have to consider a new wheel, as I suck with a controller. Presently, I'm in a 'wait and see' mode. I'm not ruling out a possible adapter that will allow for Fanatec pedals to work on the TX1. The guy at Basherboards has his chit together...
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

Number of posts : 1490

Gamer Tag : EZT MAKO 6669 Registration date : 2012-10-04

Favourite Car : Porsche 911
Preferred Class : ANY

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2013, 12:47 pm

Definitely bad news!! I will not buy a MadKatz as they make complete shit! Haven't heard much good about Thrustmaster either. This takes most of the luster out of FM5 for me. Don't know if I even want it now.... Sad 
Back to top Go down
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2013, 1:55 pm

EZT mako 6669 wrote:
Definitely bad news!! I will not buy a MadKatz as they make complete shit! Haven't heard much good about Thrustmaster either. This takes most of the luster out of FM5 for me. Don't know if I even want it now....  Sad 
The consensus seems to be that the TX1 is the T500 adapted to the Xbone, with the T500 being a very good wheel. The downside is that the TX1 ships with a crappy 2 pedal set up, and that the quality 3 pedal unit is sold as an add on which translates into more cash. I'm waiting for a supposedly imminent review to see how it shakes out. The MadKatz is supposedly cheaper than the TX1, but they're going to have to overcome their reputation for crappy products - also, their silence to this point has been deafening. Definitely a waiting game going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 11:01 pm

Major...And I mean... MAJOR FAIL by M$!!! What little hope i had for Xbone and FM5 is all but gone. Madkatz is total shit!!! Two F'n pedals!!! WTF!!! As for the T500,very good wheel (although the stationary paddle shifters are a bit odd), but again, there pedals SUCK too!!!
 Sticking with FM4- iracing and GT6 for sure for 2014.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

Number of posts : 1042

Gamer Tag : EZT Strumlord Registration date : 2011-10-01

Favourite Car : Seat Leon Supercup

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm

This is bad news. I don't think I'll jump ship on Fanatec though. I'll just wait and see what they will bring to the table. I'm only out $100 on my current Fanatec setup so I will buck up when they bring the new stuff. Thrustmaster is tempting but I will wait for now. Maybe even a cheapo madkatz for a hold me over because controller racing will not be an option for me.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013, 1:40 pm

Or maybe not a cheapo madkatz.... $300???? wow
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013, 6:41 pm

EZT Strumlord wrote:
This is bad news. I don't think I'll jump ship on Fanatec though. I'll just wait and see what they will bring to the table. I'm only out $100 on my current Fanatec setup so I will buck up when they bring the new stuff. Thrustmaster is tempting but I will wait for now. Maybe even a cheapo madkatz for a hold me over because controller racing will not be an option for me.
From the way it looks right now, Fanatec won't be bringing anything to the table. It looks like Thrustmaster and MadKazt will be the only two authorized third party manufacturers. If Fanatec was one, I'm quite sure they would have announced a new compatible wheel by now. There could be something down the road, but I'm not holding my breath.

With everything I've read about FM5 in the last two weeks, I've lost all enthusiasm for it. Between no wheel support, far less cars and tracks, and no Stock Cars, it's getting more doubtful that I will even get it. I personally could care less about open wheel cars being in the game. If I wanted that, I would have just played F1. I will be staying with FM4 for the foreseeable future, or at least until activity drops off completely. I will probably get the new Xbox at some point in the future, but it's 50/50 right now whether Forza will come with it.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013, 7:22 pm

I feel ya Mako. I've already paid for the new console and FM5, but I went to Gamestop and cancelled FM5 and swapped it for BF4.  I will go back and get FM5 when the wheel thing goes in a direction I'm interested in. I don't know what Fanatec will do but I bet we will see an XBOX ONE Fanatec wheel in the near future. For now... I will do the same as you and run FM4... and wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013, 7:57 pm

Fanatec GT2 wheels work flawlessly with GT5/6 via usb cable. Driven
Back to top Go down
Virality
250 - 499 posts
250 - 499 posts

Number of posts : 497

Gamer Tag : EZT Virality Registration date : 2012-06-03

Favourite Car : Anything Ferrari, Porsche or BMW
Preferred Class : All classes but prefer anything higher than S!

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 5:53 pm

The reason FM5 has fewer crs and tracks is because they started from scratch and recreated everything. Re captured all 200 cars and the tracks have been laser photographed for a perfect re creation of the environments. 

They built a truly next generation game. Gran Turismo 6 still features audio, tracks and cars from gran turismo 2! And Iracing is too much for honestly sub par experience.... Honestly i feel the racing is best in forza. 

Turn 10 brought us the epic and Microsoft rushed their product. I heard Fanatec is to blame for not having a wheel for the xbox one... Microsoft has nothing to do with Fanatec dropping the ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm

Virality wrote:
The reason FM5 has fewer crs and tracks is because they started from scratch and recreated everything. Re captured all 200 cars and the tracks have been laser photographed for a perfect re creation of the environments. 

They built a truly next generation game. Gran Turismo 6 still features audio, tracks and cars from gran turismo 2! And Iracing is too much for honestly sub par experience.... Honestly i feel the racing is best in forza. 

Turn 10 brought us the epic and Microsoft rushed their product. I heard Fanatec is to blame for not having a wheel for the xbox one... Microsoft has nothing to do with Fanatec dropping the ball.

Why does my Fanatec wheel work on PS4 but not XBONE if Fanatec dropped the ball.
Have you played Iracing? I thought you use a controller. Even if you played it with a wheel it would take months(honestly)for you to get comfortable with it so i don't know how you could say its too much.
Back to top Go down
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm

The problem I have with FM5 has nothing to do with cars, tracks or the economy. There is virtually no support for multiplayer / league racing activity, and judging from those 'in the know' over at VM, it doesn't look like T10 will do much about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 11:24 pm

EZT Coot wrote:
The problem I have with FM5 has nothing to do with cars, tracks or the economy. There is virtually no support for multiplayer / league racing activity, and judging from those 'in the know' over at VM, it doesn't look like T10 will do much about it.

Yea, I was just over at VM. It looks bad for FM5 there. Even worm(there biggest supporter), is fed up. Hopefully VM,TORA and the like will still be around for Forza 6. Cause FM5 looks like a complete and utter failure for us true fans of the series. No
Back to top Go down
EZT DJ
750 - 999 posts
750 - 999 posts
EZT DJ

Number of posts : 875

Gamer Tag : EZT DJ Registration date : 2010-02-27

Favourite Car : 2008 Porsche 911 GT2
Preferred Class : A

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 11:22 am

Forza 5 looks great on my TV, the cars handle very well. There are some thing I don't like about it but overall its great, now if they can do something about the team racing I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eztmotorsport.net
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 12:44 pm

EZT DJ wrote:
Forza 5 looks great on my TV, the cars handle very well. There are some thing I don't like about it but overall its great, now if they can do something about the team racing I will be happy.

I hear ya, DJ. I had the release day xbone and LCE FM5 - The new graphics were stunning, and the car physics challenging. But no multiplayer! Plus I was looking at another $400 plus for a compatable wheel. If FM5 was FM4 with the improvements in the graphics and physics,I would have been all in. As it was, I was disappointed because the only reason I have a console and game is for league racing - and for the investment, the next gen didn't deliver. Sent the console back with the only regret being that I have two weeks worth of a Drivatar roaming the tracks, and undoubtedly causing a great deal of havoc.
Back to top Go down
EZT DJ
750 - 999 posts
750 - 999 posts
EZT DJ

Number of posts : 875

Gamer Tag : EZT DJ Registration date : 2010-02-27

Favourite Car : 2008 Porsche 911 GT2
Preferred Class : A

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

Don't know what to say about that Coot, I'm still hoping they come up with the online team racing
Back to top Go down
http://www.eztmotorsport.net
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014, 1:47 pm

EZT DJ wrote:
Don't know what to say about that Coot, I'm still hoping they come up with the online team racing

+1  Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
h r flock
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
h r flock

Number of posts : 668

Gamer Tag : h r flock

was EZT o solleft many years ago Registration date : 2010-12-04

Favourite Car : Renault Turbo
Preferred Class : C on up

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 2:43 pm

EZT Coot wrote:
EZT DJ wrote:

+1  Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys!

Just my 2 cents:

I bought the Thrustmaster wheel and pedals for the Xbone and I am really enjoying just playing with it. Really great feed back system! I ran last night in the VM TAL races and had fun. The only problem I had was a little lag problem, not related to the wheel at all. It was expensive, but it has renewed the fun in racing. I dismantled my xbox 360's because I  was disappointed in FM4 not working well with multi-screens. I am not sorry I spent the $400 dollars, much better than the MS wheel I was using.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014, 10:30 pm

solleft wrote:
EZT Coot wrote:
EZT DJ wrote:

+1  Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys!

Just my 2 cents:

I bought the Thrustmaster wheel and pedals for the Xbone and I am really enjoying just playing with it. Really great feed back system! I ran last night in the VM TAL races and had fun. The only problem I had was a little lag problem, not related to the wheel at all. It was expensive, but it has renewed the fun in racing. I dismantled my xbox 360's because I  was disappointed in FM4 not working well with multi-screens. I am not sorry I spent the $400 dollars, much better than the MS wheel I was using.

Glad your enjoying it Sol. from what iv'e heard the thrustmaster wheel is very good, way better than the M$ 360 wheel. 
 What do you think of the pedals? Thats the one thing i wonder about. Fanatecs high end pedals are so good, with there load cell braking, I can't see myself using a break pedal that reads pedal travel as apposed to pressure ever again.
Back to top Go down
h r flock
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
h r flock

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014, 6:29 am

EZT Puckhead wrote:
solleft wrote:
EZT Coot wrote:
EZT DJ wrote:

+1  Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys!

Just my 2 cents:

Glad your enjoying it Sol. from what iv'e heard the thrustmaster wheel is very good, way better than the M$ 360 wheel. 
 What do you think of the pedals? Thats the one thing i wonder about. Fanatecs high end pedals are so good, with there load cell braking, I can't see myself using a break pedal that reads pedal travel as apposed to pressure ever again.

Yes the stock two pedal is marginally better than the M$360's. They do have a 3 pedal set coming out this quarter, that is much better. Saw a you tube video from Simracing about this. I don't know what i am missing break wise, so I had no CONS.  i really love the Prague track in FM5, with my but kicker thumping and the feel you get with this wheel.... it feels so real. Less tracks, less cars and turn 10 not catering to us racers is a bummer, but this new feeling has made up for the faults. The V8 supercar series is starting Feb9, and I am real curious to see how FM5 holds out.

I also lie talking to my xbone. You can say something like "xbox snap on" and you have a second smaller window on the right. Heck you can watch TV while practicing. The other great thing is I can have a controller working at the same time as the wheel. In fact the wheel has no connection for a head set. The kinetic can be your head set, but you sound distant to others. I put my head set on in the VM TAL series on my controller, worked great until about 10 min into the race the controller went to sleep, and I lost mike use. Just fumbled with it a bit and I got it back on. The rest of the race every so often I would touch the joystick on the controller for a second to keep it from falling asleep on me! It's all new, and I am sure updates will smooth things out.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014, 7:25 am

solleft wrote:
EZT Puckhead wrote:
solleft wrote:
EZT Coot wrote:
EZT DJ wrote:

+1  Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys!

Just my 2 cents:

Yes the stock two pedal is marginally better than the M$360's. They do have a 3 pedal set coming out this quarter, that is much better. Saw a you tube video from Simracing about this. I don't know what i am missing break wise, so I had no CONS.  i really love the Prague track in FM5, with my but kicker thumping and the feel you get with this wheel.... it feels so real. Less tracks, less cars and turn 10 not catering to us racers is a bummer, but this new feeling has made up for the faults. The V8 supercar series is starting Feb9, and I am real curious to see how FM5 holds out.

I also lie talking to my xbone. You can say something like "xbox snap on" and you have a second smaller window on the right. Heck you can watch TV while practicing. The other great thing is I can have a controller working at the same time as the wheel. In fact the wheel has no connection for a head set. The kinetic can be your head set, but you sound distant to others. I put my head set on in the VM TAL series on my controller, worked great until about 10 min into the race the controller went to sleep, and I lost mike use. Just fumbled with it a bit and I got it back on. The rest of the race every so often I would touch the joystick on the controller for a second to keep it from falling asleep on me! It's all new, and I am sure updates will smooth things out.
The 3 pedal set sounds promising. I've been patiently holding out to see if fanatec is going to launch a new wheel in hopes that I could use my pedals. I'm with Coot. I could never go back from load cell braking.
Back to top Go down
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014, 10:37 am

Jon at Basher boards is developing an adapter that will allow the use of CSP's with the Thrustmaster TX. He's being low key, but can be contacted for more info at his website:

http://www.basherboards.com/node/26
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
1250 - 1499 posts
1250 - 1499 posts
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

I'm rather doubtful that Fanatec will come out with a wheel. Kind of sounded like their affiliation with MS is over. Coot mentioned something a while ago when we were practicing that someone has been making dongles to make old peripherals work with the new box. He said they had successfully got the old controllers to work, and the MS wheel, though without FFB. They were supposedly working on one for the Fanatec wheels. Haven't heard anything since though. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Personally, I have decided to hold off on getting the new system. While initially quite excited about it, I have realized over the last two months that it really has nothing to offer me. Everything I have read about FM5 has been rather disappointing. They have taken too much away relative to what they gave us. My son and friends tell me that both BF4 and Ghosts are both disappointments as well. While I'm intrigued by the integration with the TV and the kinects, it's not something I need bad enough to drop 500$ on it. Until more games come out that I may be interested in, and I see what direction FM5 goes in, I can wait.

Even when or if I take the plunge, I refuse to shell out 400-500 more dollars for a new wheel set up, on top of the system cost. It's just too much, especially when the new wheels, however good they may be, are still sub-par when compared to my GT2 wheel. If I still had an MS wheel, that would be different.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySat 01 Feb 2014, 12:22 pm

EZT Coot wrote:
Jon at Basher boards is developing an adapter that will allow the use of CSP's with the Thrustmaster TX. He's being low key, but can be contacted for more info at his website:

http://www.basherboards.com/node/26
Wow.... I'm all over this Coot. Thanks
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySat 01 Feb 2014, 12:52 pm

EZT mako 6669 wrote:
I'm rather doubtful that Fanatec will come out with a wheel. Kind of sounded like their affiliation with MS is over. Coot mentioned something a while ago when we were practicing that someone has been making dongles to make old peripherals work with the new box. He said they had successfully got the old controllers to work, and the MS wheel, though without FFB. They were supposedly working on one for the Fanatec wheels. Haven't heard anything since though. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Personally, I have decided to hold off on getting the new system. While initially quite excited about it, I have realized over the last two months that it really has nothing to offer me. Everything I have read about FM5 has been rather disappointing. They have taken too much away relative to what they gave us. My son and friends tell me that both BF4 and Ghosts are both disappointments as well. While I'm intrigued by the integration with the TV and the kinects, it's not something I need bad enough to drop 500$ on it. Until more games come out that I may be interested in, and I see what direction FM5 goes in, I can wait.

Even when or if I take the plunge, I refuse to shell out 400-500 more dollars for a new wheel set up, on top of the system cost. It's just too much, especially when the new wheels, however good they may be, are still sub-par when compared to my GT2 wheel. If I still had an MS wheel, that would be different.
I hear ya on buying a whole new racing setup Mako. If I had not gotten lucky with the GT2/CSP setup that I have now, I would not fork out the cash for a new rig either. The thrustmaster was a tough sell for my wife because she knew I was leary about the pedals. She did not want me to fork out the cash for something that she thought would be a dust collector. But with this dongle that you and Coot mentioned for the CSP's she's giving me a green light now. Let's just hope it won't cost and arm and a leg.
Back to top Go down
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptySat 01 Feb 2014, 5:41 pm

The people that are supposedly working on an interface for 360 stuff to the xbone in CronusMAX. 

http://www.cronusmax.com/forums/index.php?s=9755126b0b6bd5f3b33795cdfef211fd

They apparently have the 360 controller happening, but nothing as yet for FF wheels. There's a strong opinion via the FM Forums that MS will not allow this to happen, so there's a chance that you drop the 60 or so dollars on the converter, just to have MS do an update and render it useless.

Jon at Basherboards is a find. I have his 'bare bones' circuit board in my CSR wheel and it's been stable as a rock. They guy does this as kind of a hobby, and he's not out to make a killing on his stuff. All his pricing has been extremely reasonable, and the support is over the top.

I'm interested to see how the Madcatz wheel shakes out. I believe it's due out around 2/28 or so. From what I've heard and read, they went all out to put out a quality wheel, unlike the usual crap they have been associated with. It appeared that Thrustmaster had a rash of problems with their first batch of wheels. Seems that has been sorted out, as the 'whine level' seems to have decreased on the forums.

Now that T10 seems to be moving on multi-player and lobby fixes, there will probably be a renewed interest in FM5 for us league racers. I'm still in a 'wait and see', but it's encouraging that T10 is finally starting to fix some of this stuff. A landmark event - pit stops will now fix aero damage! 

Just finished the Classics at Road America - and FM4 is STILL a Gem!
Back to top Go down
h r flock
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
h r flock

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyTue 04 Feb 2014, 11:09 am

EZT mako 6669 wrote:

At $500 the Xbone as a TV interface is not worth it. It cool to be able to tell your Xbox to "rurn off" or "watch tv" but that soon grows old. It's a shame MS and Turn 10 are not catering to racers like us, it's only about the money.
Back to top Go down
EZT Coot
500 - 749 posts
500 - 749 posts
EZT Coot

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014, 9:33 am

Jon at Basher Boards has started a forum - one of the first threads are about the Fanatec pedal adapter to the TX500 - link

http://www.basherboards.com/forum/thread-2.html
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
1000 - 1249 posts
1000 - 1249 posts
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014, 5:07 pm

I've been getting email updates on this Coot. The Adapter launches tomorrow. Thanks for this update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing Wheel Support for XB1   Racing Wheel Support for XB1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing Wheel Support for XB1
Page 1 of 1